Sunday, April 15, 2012

5 and a Wake-up


Bray'arth Ashmantle, aka. "Fat Albert"

It's that time of year again.  Team Snake Eyes is headed to Adepticon in Chicago, IL for their team tournament on Saturday the 21st.  There's all sorts of stuff going on up there, and I highly recommend you make the trip if you ever get a chance.  You'll meet some fantastic gamers, and see some ridiculously talented artists put their hearts and souls into their craft for our enjoyment.  We all have a richer gaming experience because of it.  If you see us up there, don't hesitate to stop by and say hello, we'd love to meet you guys.  Some of the team will be heading up on Thursday, but the majority of us will arrive on Friday with everyone leaving at some point on Sunday.  So, without further ado, here's a tribute to my artist of choice, our very own Chaplain Aerion.  He's been the creative powerhouse behind my Salamanders army from the very beginning.  While I do a lot of work on this army, none of it matches the skill and quality that we see from Aerion.  From our very first "test marine" to what you see here today, Aerion has put more time and effort into this ongoing project of mine than I ever imagined possible, and that Mrs. Aerion would likely have wished went into other pursuits.  In that regard, I offer my warmest thanks to them both.


Left side: I'm loving the mural here: Bray'arth as a young lad
giving the Genestealers what for...before getting his face
eaten off and then stuffed inside a Dreadnought sarcophagus
for the rest of his days...

Right side: I love what he did with his DCCWs.


You think he needs to duck coming out of that Lucius
Drop Pod?  I don't, but I'll let you tell him if you do.

I love his power plant, and the heraldry that Aerion
was able to put onto the banner.
Forge World Lucius Pod, aka "Mystery Machine".  Apparently FW resin is as
much a pain in the ass to work with as you might have expected.

Venerable Dreadnought, left side.
Venerable Dreadnought

Venerable Dreadnought: I like this alternate power plant
as well.  On the other hand, I like Dreadnoughts, so
it's never really a tough sell in my book.

 These are a few of our Salamanders we'll be putting on the board this year.  Hope to see you there!

3 comments:

Chambers said...

The painting is top notch once again, I am eagerly looking forward to getting a closer look on Saturday.

Emperor's Wrath said...

Nothing else to say but Amazing!!

Grenn Dal said...

looks amazing... for a space marine. LOL jk amazing job as usual.