Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Indy Open: March 3-4, 2012




I am just passing along word of, what looks to be, a great tournament going on over in Indianapolis, IN.  The guys over at The Back 40k are putting this on, and I strongly recommend that you consider going if you've got the opportunity.

I have shamelessly purloined the information below from their site:

The format will be a Win-loss style (like NOVA Open) with prizes for the top person in each of the W/L brackets (5-1, 4-2, 3-3, 2-4, 1-5) as well as other door prizes. March 3rd we will have 4 games, followed by two games on March 4th.

Registration fees will be as follows:
$40 Pre-registration (Nov. 1st through Jan. 7th)
(all pre-registered entrants will be put in 2 drawings for a free Adepticon ticket)
$50 Early Registration (Jan. 1st through Feb. 24th)
$60 At the Door Registration (if slots are available)

Location will be:
The American Legion located at 601 S. Holt Rd, Indianapolis, In  46241

 Prize Support:
 Best General will win a $250 visa gift card and an entry spot in the 2012 Nova Invitational Tournament. (Player still has to pay for event) 
Renaissance Man will win a $250 visa gift card and an entry spot in the 2012 Nova Invitational Tournament (Player still has to pay for event) 
The Indy Open will give out approximately another $1500 in prize support to: (Based upon a full 64 person tournament) 
Some of the many prize categories will include:
Best painted army
Second best painted army
Best sportsman
Bracket Winners (These will be the top players from each bracket)
Random Door Prizes and drawings

2 comments:

Spaguatyrine said...

We hope you guys can come! It will be great for a pre adepticon tournament! Register soon!

chosen1 said...

I would love to come, but that's a weekend with my daughter. I've never played in a NOVA style event, so I'll be keeping my eyes out for anything similar coming out of your neck of the woods. I'm particularly fond of there being prizes for the top player in each category...I am much better at getting rewarded for my mediocrity than I am for my (lack of) excellence! :)