Sunday, October 3, 2010

Salamander terrain (Adepticon sneak peak!)

As mentioned in previous entries I have been distracted by "other projects". Aside from my algebra class (which is also featured in this pic) I have been converting the Astartes statue that comes with the latest 40K Terrain kit "Honoured Imperium" to be used (possibly) in the Salamander display board for Adepticon 2011.

As you can see I swapped out the sword for a more "fluffy" hammer (Brass rod, green stuff, and bits from the Drop Pod missile launcher) and added some Salamander iconography to the piece (Chapter logo on the left shoulder, partially concealed by the cloak, Salamander hide loin cloth, flames on the right shoulder, left knee, and the chest shield, as well as a Salamander symbol on the shield above a field of flames).

This is my first real attempt to do any major green stuff work, especially on this scale (mistakes are easier to hide when they're smaller). I'm fairly happy with the results and I'm looking forward to seeing it on the awesome display board we have planned.

Any feedback is welcome. Enjoy the pics and I'll be back for the third and final Drop Pod tutorial in a few days.

P.S. Chosen1, you owe me a replacement so I'll have one to flank the doors of my cathedral ;)






No comments: