Friday, April 30, 2010

To Cheese or not To Cheese...that is the question.


Like a lot of folks, I'm getting ready for Ard Boyz. Okay, that's not entirely accurate. I'm planning on playing at the preliminary Ard Boyz tournament. I'm not furiously assembling and painting models, and I'm not playtesting my list. You know, stuff that's actually fun. What am I doing? Theoryhammer. There, I said it. I'm not proud of it either. Here I am, fresh off a serious butt-kicking from Adepticon, all fired up to get some practice in with my Salamanders, and I'm already trying to meta-game my lists. I have a 2500 point list, but I've seen some of the local lists and I'm actually debating the inclusion of an Inquisitor lord and his retinue in my list to work on the Drop Pods/Daemons that might show up in turn 1.

What I would lose:
115 Librarian with plasma pistol
20 2 combi-meltas
20 2 HK missiles
90 5 sniper scouts
10 siege shield
255 points total

What I would gain:
45 Inq Lord
20 psy hood
30 psy cannon
2 Auspex
1 targeter
60 (3) plasma gun bunnies
12 (2) mystics
85 chimera with multi-laser & Heavy Bolter
255 points total

Essentially I dropped my Librarian (you know, the one I was excited to include) and scouts along with some odd points here and there, for the ability to shoot at stuff that deep strikes or infiltrates on the first turn. I know the Psychic Hood is stronger with the Inquisitor's unlimited range and that will help with those new Space Wolf/Tyranid/Blood Angel powers.

Its Ard Boyz, so I'm not worried about hurting anyone's feelings (especially those dirty daemon & drop pod players) but it somehow leaves a dirty taste in my mouth. I have yet to make up my mind on the changes and it may very well be a decision made the morning of the tournament.

No comments: