Monday, July 19, 2010

New man-hole & future projects

Here's my new workspace. I've got a bit more area than my previous place, but the lighting's not the best. I've bought a few new lamps tough, so we'll see how it works out.


The move gave me the opportunity to dig out my Imperial Guard army as well. This army was built (back when I didn't care about mold lines apparently) with the old codex, and they were primarily drop troopers. As such, they're now pretty worthless. I just don't have the money or time to give them the vehicle options the new codex offers. I can't get rid of them just yet though. They were a labor of love even if my modeling and painting techniques leave a bit to be desired. You see the cool commander and vehicle models? Aerion painted those. By now you should see a trend. I can do bulk work on troops, and while Aerion says I am improving, the more complex techniques are still beyond my reach in my mind. I hope you enjoy the Something something something something guard (I never gave them a Regimental home). I hope to devote some more work on them in the future. ;)











Speaking of practicing some more advanced painting techniques...Team Snake Eyes is gearing up for Adepticon 2011 in April. We need to work up our lists and develop a strategy for fine tuning the paint jobs we skimped on during last year's work up. Work continues...

8 comments:

chaplainaerion said...

Tanks for the flashback!

I gotta say that I dearly loved working on that army with you. And I'm looking forward to further improvements in your skills padawan. I figure about the time I get ready to seriously put the Eldar project into full swing I'll have you up to snuff and you can be basecoater for my entire craft world :D

Oh, did my evil inside voice come out again and do the villain monologue thing? Damnit!

chaplainaerion said...

And HEY! Maybe you could host a Blog contest: Name and fluff that Guard regiment!

chosen1 said...

Yeah, you see that blue milk crate on the bottom in the corner of the room? Click on the picture and zoom in. You'll see its full of the Emperor's reinforcements. Three drop pods, three speeders, a vindicator, another squad of assault terminators, and another tactical squad. We should have more variety available in crafting our 2011 lists.

Genoside07 said...

I thought you ebayed this army also..glad to see you still have it. Takes a real man to own a Imperial Guard army.

chosen1 said...

Oh Genoside...you really need to get out and play more often. :) The new IG codex is considered one of the strongest out there. It's not foolproof (no jokes here...too easy) but it's got a lot more firepower than it had before. I just don't own any of the neat toys that allow you to take advantage of the changes.

dean said...

Baneblade!...

chosen1 said...

@ Dean: Perhaps because I haven't named such a holy relic..but the only time she graced the tabletop at Miniature Market's Apoc game, some filthy Xenos titan with "D" strength weapons blew it to pieces before it could fire a shot in anger. Come to think of it, my Salamanders Land Raider gets smoked alot on turn one as well. Proof that there is no justice in this world. :)

dean said...

Things tend to survive a little better in multiples.. My Deathwing runs 2-3 Land raiders. I usually have at least one at the end of the game. Not that I would tell you to get another Baneblade. Not at $90 a pop...
There is also "Murphy's law of newly painted minis"...